Thursday, December 1, 2011

Why Signature in the Schools?


By Ariel
Ariel, a sophomore at Wakefield High School, will grace the Signature stage for the first time this February in our world premiere production of Un-American, written by Joe Calarco.

            One of the reasons I auditioned for Un-American was because I love Signature and the quality shows they produce.  I have been coming to see productions at Signature since I was little and had heard about the work they did with high school students, but wasn’t sure what it was.  Now that I’m in the show, I realize that working in a professional theatre with theatre professionals on an original play are the things that make this program exceptional and unique. 
            I’m hoping that through the research, rehearsal and performance process I gain both acting experience and a better understanding of theatre and performance in general. I feel very fortunate and honored to be cast in this year’s production and I can’t wait to witness the show’s growth over the next two months. I’m sure the memories and lessons from this experience will continue to affect me daily, even after the show is over.   I hope you enjoy the show as much as I’ve enjoyed being a part of it!

Ariel stops for a photo-op during a recent rehearsal for Un-American.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More