Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Let's Get Personal with....Morgan!

Morgan, a member of the Apprentice at Signature program and a junior at H.B Woodlawn, will be creating the role of Sara in Signature in the Schools' world premiere production of Un-American this year. 


  1. Where were you born? City/State/country?
I was born in the oh-so-far-away land of Washington, DC.

  1. What is your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject in school is probably English Literature or Creative Writing. I have always loved stories, both reading and telling them, and English type classes are the few places in school where you are truly pushed to stretch your imagination.

  1. What is a favorite memory from your childhood?
I was an eccentric little child; in fact I was basically the Lady Gaga of my preschool. My teachers knew me as that kid who rushed in to put a skirt on their head every morning, plush toy in hand and plastic jewelry jangling.

  1. What got you into theatre?
It was only natural then that my parents found an outlet for my budding creative insanity. At age three, I was signed up for acting classes at Imagination Stage, and the rest was history. I have been involved with theater ever since.

  1. What was the best show you ever saw? Where?
If I had to pick the best show I ever saw, it would have to be a draw between Billy Elliot in London, and The Boy Detective Fails here at Signature. I liked both shows for very different reasons. Billy Elliot is brilliant for its message of hope while The Boy Detective Fails is one of the most creative stories I have heard in a very long time. Also, the music from both shows is completely addicting.
           
  1. What was the best thing you ate this Thanksgiving?
Moving down my list of questions, the best thing I ate at thanksgiving was a pumpkin pie my little sister made.

  1. What is one thing on your holiday wish-list this year?
And one thing on my holiday wish list this year is a melodica; it’s an instrument that kind of looks like what would happen if a piano and a recorder had a baby. It is incredibly cool.

  1. What is your go-to song to belt in the shower?
My go-to song to belt in the shower is currently “Sympathy for the Devil” by the Rolling Stones.






  1. If you were forced to appear before HUAC, would you choose to give away your friends to save yourself, OR save your friends and suffer the blacklist? Why?
Our show Un-American deals heavily with the impacts of McCarthyism, and what people chose to do when they went before the House of Un-American ActivitiesCommittee, or HUAC. I wish I could say I wouldn’t rat anyone out, that I wouldn't name names and allow myself to be placed on the blacklist, but honestly, I’m not sure. I think I would be tempted to rat out people who had hurt me in the past, even if I knew they were innocent. I hope I could stay loyal to my friends, but that takes a lot of resolve, and I’m not sure I have it.
           
  1. What has been your favorite exercise in SIS rehearsals thus far?
Morgan with fellow cast and crew members during a rehearsal.
Over the past week we have done a number of incredibly difficult activities that are designed to make us more vulnerable to our peers, and the audience. These activities have left me feeling emotionally exhausted, and I often came home from rehearsal just to crash on my bed. My favorite exercise was ultimately the hardest. We had to tell the group something we had never told anyone else before. It was unbelievably difficult, but at the end of the day I felt relief. I was suddenly so close to these people who I had only met three weeks ago, and that was really amazing. The connection I now have with this cast makes it that much easier to relate to them, and I wouldn’t have traded this last week for anything. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More