Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jack: Why I Come Back

For the next several weeks, different cast and crew members of our talented Signature in Schools program will be taking over our blog. Check back for frequent updates to get an inside track on their process and mindset with our latest production, Hero Worship

Today we will be hearing from Jack, our Sound Technician for Hero Worship, who is returning to participate in Signature in Schools for his 4th year consecutive year.
Jack (second from left) helps create a vignette during a SIS workshop with fellow students.
It is funny how people tell you first impressions are so important, because I had an interesting first couple of days at Signature. Now, I had no prior experience in theater; I went because my best friend told me I was going, and I had no choice in the matter. I visited Signature twice before our first show, “Image is Everything”, went into production. The first was at auditions, and the second was the script read through, so at this point I still hadn't gained a whole lot of actual experience. So when I went in on my first day of actual rehearsal and hated it I felt like I was out of my depth of experience and was being bossed around.

This has all changed now of course. It was a sink or swim experience, and I ended up swimming. I couldn't be more thankful this is something I stuck with. Signature has been an integral part of who I am today. My work ethic and my love of shows just to name a few. It has become so much more than a building to me. It is where I know I am going for something great.

This is why I keep coming back, because I am among friends; new and old, and I know every time I enter I am about to learn something.

Hero Worship performs March 10th and March 17th at 8:00 PM. Tickets are free but reservations are required. To reserve seats, call 703-820-9771. Reservations are available beginning February 10th.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More