Thursday, February 6, 2014

Emily: Cue to Cue

For the next several weeks, different cast and crew members of our talented Signature in the Schools program will be taking over our blog. Check back for frequent updates to get an inside track on their process ad mindset with our latest production, Hero Worship!

Today we hear from our lovely and talented Stage Manager, Emily. A four year Signature in the Schools veteran, Emily has worked her way up the stage management ladder thanks to the valuable experience she has obtained through the program.
Emily is on book and ready to go.
When I auditioned for the Signature in the Schools program my freshman year I had no idea what a stage managers job was.  That year I joined the program as an Assistant Stage Manager and learned all about the job and its responsibilities.  I loved every part of stage management and felt that it was the best way I could use the skills I have in theatre.  Thanks to the Signature in the Schools program I continued to work on productions and have since decided to pursue a career in stage management in college.  I am now a full blown Stage Manager on my fourth Signature in the Schools production. 

                Signature in the Schools has absolutely changed my life in a way I never could have imagined.  This unique opportunity has given me a newfound confidence and taught me so many things.  From learning information covered in boot camp to different experiences encountered in rehearsals, everyday at Signature presents a new challenge.  I have not been treated with this much respect or given this much responsibility anywhere else.  The chance to work in a professional environment as a high school student has truly been a blessing in my life.  Although this is the last year I am able to participate in the program I know I can look forward to continue working in theatre because I feel Signature has properly prepared me to do so.  

Hero Worship performs March 10th and March 17th at 8:00 PM. Tickets are free, but reservations are required. To reserve seats, call 703-820-9771. Reservations are available beginning February 10th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More